Pages

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What A Ship and A Person


This is a picture of the USS Abraham Lincoln that Alejandro is stationed on in Bremerton, WA. Before I reconnected with him I never thought I would say that grey and silver steel was pretty until now. I think what makes it pretty is the fact that it can do so much. It is an aircraft carrier and if you look very closely you can see the planes on it. Also it is just amazing all the stuff that is on it that a lot of people probably don't realize.
I thought I was going to have to wait until my birthday to see him, but he got a ticket to come down a week from Friday to visit me and see me for the first time in 13 years. I am a little nervous, but I just have to remember that I don't have to really impress him much because he already likes me for who I am and nothing more. Our communication is still very strong bewteen us and all I hope is that it stays that way. We have decided not to really say anything to our families until we know for sure if it is going to work out or not. We have had some heart to hearts over the phone during the weekend and I told him things that he even his ex-fiancé wouldn't even think about doing for him in regards to moving wherever he was stationed. Well I told him that once you marry someone in the service you are married to the service and in order to be happy I would have to go wherever he would be.
Well I should end this now. Until next time...

No comments: