Pages

Monday, July 24, 2006

What A Scare


This little girl gave us a scare last week. She is okay now, but last Monday we noticed something under her chin which we thought was a lump, but it wasn't. Wednesday morning we noticed that it was getting bigger, so thought okay we need to take her into the vet to get it checked. Well that night it started drainning and we thought it was an abscess. We made an appointment to have her and her brothers looked at for Thursday so we just kept on cleaning it with water and giving her an antibiotic to help fight any kind of infection that she might have. The next day we took them in and sure enough when they were cleaning up the area they noticed something under the surface. They told us that she should have it removed just to make sure. So she stayed over night at the vets and came home friday. I know Panda and Cubby missed her that night because they were attached to me at the hip. The nice thing is that the vet commented on good they looked health wise. See we usually see this particular vets partner but he had to have a procedure himself, so he won't be in the office for awhile. He told us that these are very healthy looking kittens. I know that made us feel really good since we have been taking care of these guys for almost two months now. Now hopefully we won't have any more emergencies for awhile now with them. I just made an appointment to have a recheck of them next Friday since I will be off that day.
My life has been pretty quiet lately. Nothing really to report. I did go on a blind date a week ago yesterday and I don't think it is possible to be anything more than friends. The main reason is that there is no chemistry between us two and he smokes. See I have a really bad allergy to smoking and since he smokes I am going to have a problem. He also really didn't make a good impression on me. I guess I will just be friends and wait for him to call me again so I can tell him. Well it is almost the end of the day for me, so I better go now. Until next time...

No comments: