Pages

Monday, August 15, 2005

Great Family


What can I say about the picture above. This was taken a couple of years ago, but I thought it was appropriate because my parents are celebrating their Anniversary this Thursday. From left to right, Mary (my good friend for 8 years), Gayle (my sister's best friend for over 20 years), mom Caryn and dad Larry, myself, and then my sister Cyndy on the end. There is only one person that is missing that would make this picture complete, but he can't be with us. That would be my brother David who passed away 19 years ago on Aug 4th. We all miss my brother, but what can we do but go on with our lives and remember the great experiences that we had with him and what we can look forward to in our after life. These last two years have been rough for me, but all I know if it weren't for my faith, great friends and family, I don't know where I would be now. I appreciate all that everyone has done for my family and in my life. I can only appreciate it and try to return the favor when I am able to.
Well today is my cousin Dene birthday and boy is she a great friend and cousin by marriage. I owe her a lot of thanks for everything that she did for me last year. I don't think I will ever be able to thank her enough in my eyes for all that she had done for me. I love her son Joey and maybe eventually Joey and I will be close to the point that Dene could leave me with him for a period of time, so she could go and have a night away when it is her weekend. See Joey is spoiled and is used to having mom around all the time and I think it has been too long for him to be dependent on his mommy. He just turned 5 years of age and is still sleeping with her. I don't think that is healthy, but there is nothing I can do because I have made suggestions, but she doesn't seem to want to take them, so I can only do what I can and that is being there for her and she will learn the hard way if and when she ever gets married again or has a live in boyfriend.
Well I should go now. Until next time...

No comments: