Pages

Monday, August 08, 2005

What A Great Weekend


What can I say. Strange things do happen, but before I get to that, let me tell you about my weekend. The afternoon that I had with Dene and the girls was a great time. The Karaoke place sucked, but what can we do about that. Debbie, Michelle, Dene and I went to the movies, dinner at Ruby's on the pier and sat and chatted for a little bit after the movie waiting for our table and in the car to and from.
What surprised me was what happened yesterday at Joey's party. Victor my ex is Joey's father and we had a nasty break up last year. I said things that I didn't mean to be as mean as they were and vise versa. Victor and I had a chance to talk yesterday and it seems like nothing has ever changed with our friendship and relationship. I think going through what we did helped both of us. I am glad that I was able to be there for him when Michael found out that he was his father and helped him through some other things. I know we will never get back together, but at least I know that we can joke around with each other no matter what happened last year. Now if he could only find someone he can enjoy to be with and settle down without getting into trouble he got into with Dene.
Now I just experienced something really hard. The lady that we hired for an office assistant didn't work out we had to let go today. She just wasn't catching on and we couldn't handle it any more. It has been 4 days and she just wasn't getting it. The nice thing is that we are going to have our former Office Managers sister help us out with that position until we can find someone to replace her permenantly. I think the hardest part was that she was crying when she said goodbye to me. Oh well, it will make the office go a little smoother and we won't need to baby sit her any more.
Well until next time...

No comments: