Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Not Much Going On


Now I know how new mothers feel when they aren't with the babies for the first time. I think this is the longest amount of time I haven't been home since we got the little guy in this picture last year. I go home every couple of days, but I seem to miss him even more so. I wasn't planning on going home until Saturday, but I think I am going to go home tonight for a little bit to spend time with him.
We are caught up here at work, so I am trying to find projects to do so I am not sitting hear doing nothing. I have a couple of things I could be doing, but if I do them all today, then I will have the same problem tomorrow of having nothing to do. The training for our new program is in a couple of weeks and I can't seem to get the point accross to one of the pd managers, that I am not going to have any extra time to assign item #'s for her when our main boss is on vacation. She seems to think that I am not going to be busy then, but she doesn't know what is going to happen then. On top of that I am going to be training someone ina couple of weeks to do my job when we are in training and also testing so I won't have to put all of my work on hold which won't be good since we are going to be getting ready for Arlene (main boss) will be going to China for three weeks. I am hoping she will send the other set of worksheets next week, so I can concentrate on that set next week and be done with hers for the time being.
I am really looking forward to my day off next Tuesday. I know it is going to mean a lot to my godson that I am going to be there. I think if I can pull it off as a surprise it will mean even more. See I have never been able to see him on his birthday since I became his godmother. After all that happened last year, no one was able to be with him for his birthday since he was in Montana and now everyone that loves him is going to be there and I know he is going to be just shocked.
Well I should get one of my projects off my desk today because then I will feel a little more productive today. Well I gotta go now. Until next time...

No comments: