Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Have Been Out of Commission

The last 6 days have been a little crazy for me. I am now on my 7th day without Alex being home and boy has it been a little lonely here. I must say having Elvis and Lelani has really given me a reason for me to get up everyday. I think that if they weren't around to wake me up I wouldn't get out of bed sometimes. My really good friend Julie told me that this time away from Alex was going to be really good for us. I didn't want to believe her at first, but you know what she was right. I haven't actually had a phone conversation with him since he left a week ago yesterday, but knowing that he is thinking about me every day by looking at the pictures that I put onto his hard drive before he left makes me realize that I am always on his mind. Right before he left I asked him if he wanted to take any of our stuffed animals with him and he told me no because they needed to be here for me to help me get through the time we are going to be apart. He sent me the picture above yesterday of a little girl by the name of Tammy. This is the stuffed hippo that he found at the exchange and couldn't resist to take her on the ship with him. I think it is absolutely adorable and I can't be jealous because at least he has a little girl to watch over when we are apart. I am pretty sure she will make sure that he is doing what he is supposed to be doing. I am one very lucky woman to have him in my life and I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: