Pages

Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Challenge For Me

I have been thinking about with it being a New Year today what I can do for a New Year's Resolution. I have already committed to two new challenges that are really good ones for me to do, but for some reason something has been eating me inside. I don't think a lot of people realize that I was born and raised Catholic and that is because for the last 3 years my religion has really gone to back burner in my life. My feelings towards a tradition of being a Catholic have changed and I know a few things that I might say in the next few sentences might offend people, but you know what. I don't care at this point.

I do believe there is a spiritual being out there, don't get me wrong. The thing is I don't feel that I have to go to an actual church to believe in God. I believe that God is with me at all times. I also, feel that as long as I am comfortable in what I am doing and not feeling guilty in any way possible that it is okay with me. This what my New Years Resolution is going to be this year. I am hoping that it will help me get back into my faith a little bit more. I have had a hard time trying to get Alex to go to church with me these days with the move that we just did and him getting ready to go out to sea at any time.

I am not going to try to force him to go church with me or promise to go to church once a week because I don't think that is going to work any more for me. I am going to try something small. When we were unpacking our stuff I was looking at our Wedding Pictures and also our book collection. I noticed that 1 our Wedding took place at the church I grew up at and 2 I have a Bible that I haven't opened up in almost 10 years, but I still have it on my book shelf. I am going to try to at least read one verse a day. I am also going to reflect on it a little bit and might tell you how I feel about this passage. I would love to say for the next year, but realistically I know that isn't going to happen.

In doing this I am hoping it will convince me to start going to church on a regular basis. Any one that reads the bible will notice that the first verse that I read today is the first one in the Bible. It comes from
GEN 1:1 In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. This is a hard one for me to always believe in, but growing up the way I did, I do believe in some of it. I also, do believe in Evolution and all the science behind it, so I am torn on this subject. Don't worry I am going to pick them in order. I am going to read the first one that comes to interest.

So, I am now doing at least 2 blog entries for the next 30 days. I am hoping that these two challenges will help me use this blog a little bit more often than I have the last 3 years. I am also hoping that this will give me a reason to get involved in things when my husband is out to sea. I want to make this blog an interesting blog for any one that is actually following it. Wish me luck and let's see how far this goes.

No comments: