Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Photo Day Blog Challenge Day 4: Inanimate Object That Hold Sentimental Value For You.

This days challenge was a little hard for me. I was looking around my place and found this little statue that I got back in 2007 for Alex. At first, Alex didn't know what to think about this statue because since we don't have kids. Now that he is getting ready to go back out to sea it means a little more to him now. I am hoping that there will be a day when he comes home from a time underway, he will be greeted by his son on the pier along with me. All we can do is hope and pray that the right time comes along for us to start a family.
This other object might look a little weird for some people. When you go to weddings you normally see a Unity Candle at the ceremony. When we were planning our wedding I wanted to do something different. I have seen the candle ceremony and I thought that is so traditional and kind of boring. I see the reasoning behind it, but I thought there would be another way we are symbolizing us becoming one that we don't have to use candles. I heard about the Unity Sand ceremony and that is what we did. This is our Unity Sand Vase. Unfortunately we didn't get it done at our wedding because we didn't have it out for some reason. We ended up doing it in our place in WI when we got back which I thought was a really nice way to symbolize our new Chapter in our lives in WI. I wasn't able to keep it the way we had it there because of the obvious reasons, but I was able to save the sand. We now have it on our mantle here in VA. I look up at it everyday and just remember why I am happy to be married.

No comments: